Hello, below is the agenda for tomorrow night’s Friends of Stirchley Library meeting, 7.30pm at Stirchley Community Church. Lift available and teas/coffee.
- Welcome, introductions and apologies
- Constitution & Committee roles
Meetings of note
- Publicity / events
- Next meeting date tbc
Also for reference last month’s minutes: 2017-04-29FOSLmeetingatStirchCommChurch.docx (1)
The constitution (roles to be assigned): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g3C5FqdzbwhV4FwXzaIHUGLs0rh4SsrASPw1UeNm0tA/edit?usp=sharing
The next public meeting of Friends of Stirchley Library will be on Thursday 22nd June starting at 7.30 pm at Stirchley Community Church, Hazelwell Street. Lift available, also tea and coffee.
We usually meet on a Saturday morning but it has been difficult to find a suitable date this month, so we have switched to a Thursday evening on this occasion.
The full agenda will be published before the meeting but items for discussion will include:
- Reports back on several meetings
- Update on our Local Innovation Fund bid
- Update on our constitution and opening of a bank account
- Plans for involvement in a Fun Palace in October
Finally, if you are not already receiving our emails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the circulation list. Thank you to everyone who has shown their support recently by joining the list.
Attached are the minutes from the last meeting.
All the best,
The next Friends of Stirchley Library public meeting is:
Saturday 29th April, 11am, Stirchley Community Church.
Lift available, there will be tea and coffee.
1. Welcome & Introduction, Apologies — Theresa
2. Constitution / committee roles: — Theresa
– need to appoint a Treasurer
3. Publicity / Events — Kerry
4. Meetings of note we’ve had:
– Mtg with Library staff — Theresa
– Community Libraries Partnership Network — Phil
– Green Library — Jess
– LIF Application — Theresa
– Tesco S106 — Theresa
6. Longer term ideas / input welcome:
– Library of Sanctuary — Jess
– Arts Council England — Kerry — Grants 4 Libraries programme ideas
– Co-working space ideas — Kerry
8. Next meeting : 10th June TBC
This is a new group – Stirchley residents are establishing a Friends of Stirchley Library. (More on our ‘About’ page.)
In order to make this a success we need to know that there is support for such a group, and if so, how we can support the library.
We have written a survey with questions which will help to give us a clearer picture of the different types of support available e.g. time, skills and resources…
The survey is available here: